Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekends are made for fun!

So everyone that knows me, knows that I work a lot! I usually work on Saturdays and sometimes I sneak down there on Sundays.  So last Saturday I woke up at 5 am,  Went and watched TV then fell back asleep until 9, I usually never do that!  I am normally out of the house by 6:30 getting breakfast at Kimmies, then at the shop working by 7-7:30. So after waking up at 9, my wife made me breakfast and I lounged around watching TV,  It was at this time that I decided I am not working today!  So I spent some time playing with my little man indoors, then after the rain stopped I decided that we needed to go have some outdoor fun.  We got in the car and drove to Santiago Oaks Regional Park, Unfortunately the park was closed.  I remembered there was a back entrance kind of by the cemetary,  so we were able to sneak in there and go do some exploring.  Little Jimmy and I had so much fun hiking back there,  It was really neat explaining to him that I used to go explore there when I was a kid.










Sunday was more of the same lounging and relaxing,  then we decided to go down to the Fun Zone in Newport and then take the ferry to Balboa Island.  We walked around Balboa and had lunch at Amelias, Amelias has been there for 50 years and has really good Italian food.  After lunch we walked around a bit more then headed back to the fun zone were Little Jimmy went on the bungie swing.  It was another fun filled,relaxing family day.  Its weird I was totally detached from my world that I am normally in, no cars,welding, stress.  I think its good to step back everyone once in awhile and enjoy life and your loved ones, I am going to make a point of doing this kind of stuff more often.


  

1 comment: