Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lone Star Roundup?

Hi it's me Dana, AKA Big D, AKA Big Diesel. Jimmy invited me to post a few things here on the blog... Thanks Jimmy, I'm honored.


So... The Whites joined us for dinner tonight. We broke out the good tablecloth for the occasion and Jimmy just happened to be sitting at Texas. Coincidence??? or a sign that Circle City Hot Rods needs to be at The Lone Star Roundup this year? Hmmm...
After we finished our tasty meal of Lasagna and Caesar Salad (thanks girls) we plotted our would-be course to Austin on the now soiled tablecloth. If you're driving from So Cal to Austin you gotta stop in Amarillo and dine at the Big Texan. I've never personally ponied up to the 72 oz hot beef explosion, but it's always fun to watch someone else get it. Get your mind out of the gutter... I'm talking about the Steak dinner that includes a 72 oz cut of sirloin, shrimp cocktail, salad, roll and a baked potato with all the fixings. If you eat every last bite in under an hour, it's Freeeeeeeee!

All the eating and talking about eating got us all hot and bothered so Jimmy and I headed out to the garage and talked about the hotrod and how it cured me of ever lusting after another hot rod or classic car. I mean where do you go from a CCHR built 33 Roadster? Considering all the blood, sweat and tears that went into building it, I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off. As Jimmy would say: "At this point, it would be rude not to"... See you in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment